A Note from your Principal
As I am sure most of you are aware, Governor Cuomo spoke yesterday regarding an update on the color zones for WNY. I am very thankful to say that at this time we remain out of those zones and are able to continue with our In School Learning Plan. We are appreciative of all in our school community that have done their part to follow the guidelines we have in place. As of this date, I am pleased to say that we are doing well within our school building.
However, as you probably realize, our learning plan will be dictated by what happens in our area. Should we go on Yellow, it is possible to continue In school Learning. However, mandatory testing of 20% of our students and staff are required in order to remain open. Lynette Kroening (Parish Board President) and I are working on how our school will be able to meet the criteria necessary to remain open for In School Learning. We are in contact with local officials who are helping guide us through this process. Our prayer is that we can remain open however it will require many tasks being met including 20% of our school family willing to be tested. At this time, I would like to get an idea of who would be willing to be tested. If we don’t have 20% then there isn’t a reason for us to continue our research in this area. I am asking each family to complete the attached form and return to me by Monday, November 23, 2020. I ask you to prayerfully consider your decision and what is best for your family.
As I have stated previously, I continue to be inspired by so many of you who are daily making sacrifices at home and in your workplace. I am overwhelmed by the kindness you have shared with our staff and myself. As we continue with our In School Instruction, we are also providing Remote lessons for those families who have chosen that option. We are prepared to go to full Remote Learning should that be needed. However, at this time, we are able to continue as we are.
It appears that the Governor will be giving weekly updates on the color zones and changes to them. I know this is an anxious time for each family. I wish I could tell you if/when we will go to full Remote Learning, but I do find out the information at the same time you do. My only advice is to have a plan in place should it occur soon. I think we are safe to say we will be in school up until our Thanksgiving break which begins next Wednesday, November 25th. I will keep you posted of any changes as I learn of them.
I continue to pray for each of you daily! I ask that you pray for all of those in leadership positions. Pray that they have wisdom when making important decisions. Please stay safe and healthy while following the guidelines we are given.